Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I feel like i'm ninety years old...

Oh sweet, sweet baby jesus, I am so sore.


Well, yesterday was a truly momentous occasion.


But today?


I awoke in the middle of the night by being shaken. I opened my weary eyelids to seethe face of my very concerned boyfriend, (He shall be referred to as N). Funny- even my eyelids felt like they'd had a workout!


"Um....Cinderella Big Butt? Who is Italian Stallion?" N queries, sounding a bit threatened.


I groaned and threw the pillow over my head, not wanting to spend another moment thinking about bootcamp.


"You cried out in your sleep. You burst out with, 'I fucking well can't!!" N spat out, roaring with laughter.


I must have had a bootcamp dream! It's not enough my thoughts of bootcamp are consuming every waking hour, but my dreams too?! ENOUGH! (Although it is mildly amusing that I swore to Italian Stallion in my dream, as its what i wanted to do.all.bootcamp)


I remember tossing and turning in my sleep, thinking about all the sore muscle horror stories that Ms A and Italian Stallion told me I would be experiencing.


Ha! I thought, they are clearly underestimating she of the strong muscles!


No, no they werent. As soon as I hauled ass out of bed, I felt like I may just fall back in. I wondered, not too briefly, if perhaps my body had been switched with one of the local elderlies. I confirmed that i indeed had my 21yo body by a quick glance to my favourite sisters, my boobs. Thankfully, they arent at the stage where I need to tuck them into my waist belt just yet.


Hurrah for that.


But seriously people. Sitting hurts. Standing hurts. Twisting hurts. Stretching hurts. BREATHING AND SMILING EVEN HURTS!!!!


And now I am irrepressibly tired, but considering propping my eyes up with matchsticks: the sooner I sleep, the sooner it's Wednesday.


You guessed it, Wednesday is session two of bootcamp.

Ha! Now known as hellcamp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its called DOMS - delayed onset muscle something or other....or as I like to call it dreaded owchie muscle spasms. and its a beatch.

Funnily enough (ahem gentle) exercise will get rid of some of the pain!

Keep at it, you will be HOT when its over!

Anonymous said...

p.s is it Les Mills bootcamp? my friend did that one and cried hehe!!

~closed~ said...

Cinderella, I wish you and your favorite sistahs good luck tomorrow at HellCamp. I'm hoping you're able to exhale w/o too much pain. go get 'em

Ceres said...

I like your blog, Cinderella! I first took up cardio kick-boxing about one and a half years ago, and let me tell, I couldn't sit on the toilet in the beginning, I was that sore! And during the class I often thought I would faint. This will all go away though, and once you've built up some muscle mass, you'll start to enjoy bootcamp (at least more than you do now). And there's this sense of victory and accomplishment that's just great! Good luck and keep us posted :-)